Wednesday, March 16, 2011

Malbec – Valle Perdido – 2007



Ah, Malbec, how I love thy smooth, full flavor, and thy long, velvety finish. Yes, this is how much I love Malbec, and you will too! And, there is no need to hesitate when buying a Malbec, as I have had very few bad ones, and this too is another great example.


From Patagonia, Argentina (who knew you could get more than sweaters from Patagonia???), this wine is very easy going, although I do recommend you let it breath for 15 to 20 minutes. What to serve? Any red meat dish¸or red sauce (lamb, beef, red clam sauce, etc). In fact, it would also be a great accompaniment to dark chocolate, or cheese (I am enjoying some Dubliner with it, as I write).

This Malbec tempts with a fruity bouquet, leads you to edge with blackberry and smoke, and climaxes with a soft velvety finish, leaving you wanting more, and more! I know, I just mentioned the “c” word, but it really is that good! For just $9.99, it’s worth picking up a few bottles, for occasions like tonight, cooking a last minute juicy steak on the grill (it’s finally warm enough to grill outside)¸ looking for the perfect bottle of wine, and this is it.

Cheers!

No comments:

Post a Comment