Wednesday, March 31, 2010

The Wine Headache – a cure???

Ahhh, I remember the days of the wine headache, you know, the morning after pounding your head gets if you over indulged just a little too much? I don’t seem to get them anymore, it could be that I am now immune, I do drink wine most nights, and when I am not drinking wine, I have a beer or a rum & coke.


Honestly, I have another theory…water. Yes, lots and lots of water. In the past few years, I have made a lot of effort to increase my water intake. I know, I know, you hear it all the time, and sometimes, you SHOULD believe all you hear, especially when it comes to water.

And another thing, whenever I feel like I may have imbibed a little too much, I make sure to drink a large glass of water before I go to bed. You probably think you will be up all night, going back and forth to the bathroom, but it will be worth the effort when you don’t wake up with a pounding headache.

Here’s another idea…keep it to one glass, then switch to water. You will gradually build a tolerance for the second glass, just keep that glass of water in mind, or on the nightstand.

Now, go enjoy a nice glass of wine, followed by a nice glass of water.

Cheers!

No comments:

Post a Comment